- Sony has just announced a Final Fantasy PS3 Slim which will be released in Japan on Dec. 17 — CrunchGear
- Phew. Twitter's soon-to-be-announced location-based tweets will be opt-in only for security reasons — Mashable
- Motorola's line-up of pre-loaded apps for the Cliq is actually quite impressive — Engadget
- AT&T will start offering MMS for the iPhone tomorrow — Wired
- Some skateboarders in San Francisco put neon Tetris shapes on their head and made this neat video — Switched
- It's giveaway and game time on GeekSugar! Be sure to log in and play our Best Video Game Ever bracket! — GeekSugar
During a ceramics course in the Estonian Academy of Arts, French product designer Stéphanie Choplin decided to get creative with Tetris shapes and came up with these 3D Ceramic Tetris Pots. It's such a shame that these beautiful indoor or outdoor home accents haven't made it to retail outlets just yet, because I could see them being a hit with both geeks and nongeeks. As you can see, they make the perfect planters, and if you're not the green type, I think it's safe to say they'd double as decent chips, salsa, guac, and sour cream bowls!
So this geeky bracelet is not Hermès. It's also not $567.
Instead, this Tetris Bracelet ($70) is pretty cool and while exceptionally geeky, it's not unwearable.
Maybe it's the disco lover in me, but lucite jewelry always manages to charm me. All I need is the perfect outfit of primary colors to wear it with.
Tetris; So colorful, so challenging and so creatively inspiring! From the Tetris Quilt, to the Tetris Magnets, the Tetris Skirt and even the Tetris Wedding Cake, DIY Tetris creations are out in full-force. But you just have to check out these Tetris Brownies which I came across on Craftzine — aren't they the ultimate geek treat? To find out how you can make your own batch of tetrominoes, head on over to Fraske Designs for the recipe!
What do you do when playing Tetris on a Saturday night is no longer the thrill it once was? Throw some arm wrestling into the mix! Tetris + arm wrestling = Tresling.
- Score one of these sexy Tetris skirts on Etsy for $45 — Kotaku
- Get a refurbished TiVo HD unit for only $180 with three months of free service (today only) — Crave
- Nike and Apple are said to be working with several gym equipment manufacturers so members can plug their iPods directly into cardio equipment — AOL News
- All the new Beatles songs are now available on ivideosongs, making it the first website to offer completely legal Beatles content available for download — The Gadget Blog
- Protect your Flickr images from potential thieves with PhotoShelter — Wired
My first thought when I saw these Tetris ice cube trays was — do I have glasses big enough to play Tetris with my ice cubes? Dubbed Tetrice by Martin Zampach, these are a little more fleshed out than the Instructables version that yumsugar featured, but it's only a concept for now. Lets see, you could play a really freaking cold and low-tech version of the game, or pop 'em in a pitcher of drinks for your geeky guests, but I don't know that I'd buy these when I know I can make them. What do you think?
I seriously thought that the Tetris wedding cake took Tetris love to a whole new level, but after spotting this Tetris quilt, I'm beginning to sense a Tetris-obsession trend. Amy, the geek-chic mastermind behind this creation, credits the game pattern to her boyfriend Steve, who is quite the avid gamer himself. Gotta love how she can literally wrap herself in her own geeky creation. Now if only she had a picture of herself in her Tetris quilt while playing Tetris! What do you think? Do you love it or not so much?
Halloween is right around the corner— got a costume in mind? If not, try these on for size. Blend in with every billboard around town and be a walking iPod advertisement. Or, go as the CA driver's license Britney never had. You can get nerdy as a good old-fashioned game of tetris or, even better, fleshify your Facebook (or Teamsugar) homepage. All are simple, cheap, and innovative enough to win you the "best costume" prize at any small party or lame office gathering, so there's no excuse to be yourself this Halloween. Unless, of course, your name is Spencer Pratt— then you're good to go, as is.