Happy Election Day! If you're stressed out about whether Obama or Romney will be our next president or just tired of all the political campaigning, take a break with these funny election-themed ecards! We've rounded up some of our favorite Someecards to cheer up your loved ones as the presidential election is underway. There are sexy cards to send your significant other, some women's issues-related ones to pass along to girlfriends, and a handful of irreverent, fed-up-with-politics ones to give your friends or co-workers a chuckle today. Check them out now!
If you're looking for a last-minute way to wish your dad a happy Father's Day, then we've come up with four thoughtful, creative alternatives he's sure to appreciate. Whether you have two minutes or two hours to spare, these ideas will help you tell your father you love him. If paper cards aren't your thing, then here are four unique Father's Day greetings to consider:
- Email an ecard — Whether it's a quirky, sarcastic pick from Someecards.com or a more heartfelt note from an online greeting card provider, there are plenty of fun, free options across the web. Even better? The card appears instantly in his email, not in several days like with snail mail.
- Create a gif — Get in on the gif craze and make your own to share with your dad. Use the Gif Shop iOS App to create one right on your iPhone, then send it with some funny or thoughtful text to make it extra meaningful.
- Record an audio file — Can't make it home to celebrate? Sing a song, tell a joke, or say a sweet message, then send it to Dad as an mp3 file. That way he can hear your voice even if you're far from home.
- Make a Photoshop design — Create a funny magazine cover or a scrapbook-style collage in Photoshop. Another idea: go old-school with Microsoft Paint and draw a silly picture that's sure to make him laugh.
I haven't found a geeky Someecard I really loved since Valentine's Day, but I like to cruise around the site every once in awhile to get a hearty dose of LOL. And after this week's unveiling of the new MacBook Air, this card in particular seemed especially timely.
Truth told, I'm not worried about the MacBook Air making me look fat. . . it's actually managed to rocket to the top of my wish list, and this card? Well, let's just say its a new favorite.
If your sense of humor tends to run more toward the silly and sarcastic, then someecards may be the perfect way to spread your snarky cheer this Valentine's Day. With the tagline "When you care enough to hit send," you know that this online card company isn't going to waste your time with sweet and loving sentiments.
The illustrations all feature vintage-look characters accompanied by funny, often crass sayings. Of course, if you send one of these e-cards, make sure it's going to a recipient that can appreciate the humor! It's easy and free to sign up for the service, and then you can get started sending cheeky cards to all of your friends, family, and sweetheart(s) out there. You can even make your own personalized cards.
I've pulled some of my favorite PG-rated (and believe me, there are plenty of lewd/racy cards to be found on the site as well) cards to share with you below. Tell me, have you ever sent a someecard, and if not, do you know anyone who might appreciate a snarky valentine this Sunday?
Free and much-loved ecard site Someecards is a longtime favorite for sending hilarious, controversial, and sometimes geeky ecards, but I'm still cracking up over its latest Valentine's Day ecard. In fact, I was considering sending it to my guy, but given the Apple controversy already in our lives, I decided against it. Plus, until I get a chance to thoroughly check out the iPad, I can't make that kind of promise. (Just kidding, darling!)
Someecards now requires you to create a free account and sign in before sending an ecard, and while the signin process usually annoys me, you're now able to see all of the ecards you've sent or received — definitely good for a laugh!
- His Italian mother must be so proud! — someecards
- Life as a phone sex operator — Lemondrop
- How to have sex when you have a roommate — Em&Lo
- When reality TV and porn collide — Sexy Beast
- How often do men say I love you? — The Frisky
- Managing a long distance relationship — YourTango
- Baby simulator gadget is creepy — LilSugar
- Cisco's new FlipShare TV provides a simple way to grab content from your PC and watch it on your TV — CrunchGear
- One of my favorite websites, Someecards, isn't very happy with Apple right now — TechCrunch
- The family of the Sacramento mother who died after a Wii radio contest has been awarded $16 million — Los Angeles Times
- Here are 12 things you should know about Apple TV 3.0 — Gizmodo
- Check out Green Pixel's top picks for this month's downloadable games — Green Pixels
- It's giveaway time on GeekSugar! Log in for your chances to win one of these AT&T Smartphones — GeekSugar
I have a tendency to be a bit of a jokester, so when I saw this site on Notcot, I was instantly hooked. Someecards is a hilarious site with wacky, cheeky e-cards about friendship, flirting, holidays, birthdays, thanks and more. Forewarning some of the cards are, how shall I say this, "explicit" in nature? But as far as I'm concerned this is what makes them downright wrong and sooo right! The site has been created by Brook Lundy and Duncan Mitchell, and is designed by Jerry Tamburro. Oh and did I forget to mention that all the cards are free?
To learn how to post your favorite sites to the Website of the Day group and to check out more fun someecards, just read more