Fashion Week is best experienced live — but if watching the shows at the tents isn't an option, never fear: we're streaming some of the best shows live from New York right here. Lacoste, Mara Hoffman, Donna Karan, Tory Burch, Vera Wang, Michael Kors, Rachel Zoe, and Calvin Klein as they happen — take it all in with the video, and see our full schedule below.
Lacoste Sept. 8, 10am EDT
Mara Hoffman Sept. 8, 2pm EDT
Diane von Furstenberg, Sept. 9, 4p EDT
Donna Karan Sept. 10, 2pm EDT
Tory Burch Sept. 11, 9am EDT
Vera Wang Sept. 11, 11am EDT
Michael Kors Sept. 12, 10am EDT
Rachel Zoe Sept. 12, 10am EDT
Calvin Klein Sept. 13, 2pm EDT
Get ready film fans: Oscars are this Sunday! Whether you're hosting a big Oscar-watching soiree or just plopping yourself down in front of the tube with a tub of popcorn, these live streams, apps, and tools will help enhance your experience or keep you up-to-date on the goings-on if you can't watch the show at home.
The Super Bowl is this weekend, and if you're one of the unlucky few that won't be able to park yourself in front of the TV on Super Bowl Sunday, you're in luck — you can still catch the live action away from home. Check out a few ways you can join in the fun with these tools!
Did you ditch cable TV in 2011? Don't worry about missing one of the biggest sports events of the year — the Super Bowl will be streamed online at NBCSports.com and NFL.com. Online viewers will also get the chance to see multiple camera angles and DVR-like controls in order to rewind exciting and important plays. What's more, if you have NFL Mobile from Verizon, you can stream the game on your mobile wherever you find a data or WiFi connection.
The NY Giants and New England Patriots battle it out at Super Bowl XLVI from Indianapolis on Feb. 5.
You don't need a plane ticket or front row seat to enjoy New York Fashion Week, which kicks off today. All you need is an Internet connection and a computer. YouTube is hosting live streams of runway shows all week (along with behind-the-scenes and featured content and a chance to re-watch past shows), and you can find up-to-the-minute coverage and live runway streams on First Comes Fashion as well. What's on the schedule for today? Check out the upcoming live shows you can watch at your desk below.
Richard Chai 11 a.m. (EDT)
Supima 1 p.m. (EDT)
Tadashi Shoji 2 p.m. (EDT)
Be sure to sneak in a siesta at some point today — there's a big meteor shower happening late this evening, and the light show will go on until the wee hours of Saturday morning! In what is considered to be the best meteor shower of the year, Earth is passing through a 1,000-year-old cluster of meteors called Perseids, which should allow you to be able to spot 20-30 meteors (or "falling stars") per hour in your night sky. If your weather report is predicting clouds or fog (I'm looking at you, San Francisco), you shouldn't get too bummed — there's plenty of places to watch the show online. Check out a few destinations in the links below.
Weather permitting, tomorrow marks the final launch for NASA's space shuttle program. At 11:36 a.m. EDT, the shuttle Atlantis will take off from the Kennedy Space Center for a 12-day mission to the International Space Station, marking the final trip to space for NASA's shuttle fleet. Thanks to technology, you don't have to head to Cape Canaveral to view the launch (though it could be a very geeky trip). Instead, there are a few ways you can watch the Atlantis launch live online; find out how below!
On Your Computer
NASA will be broadcasting the shuttle launch live tomorrow, with a pre-launch update beginning at 8:00 a.m. EDT.
On Your TV
Major news networks will be broadcasting the shuttle launch live on TV, so be sure to check your local listings for stations and times.
On Your iPhone and iPad
NASA has free apps for both the iPhone and iPad that allow you to watch NASA TV live, including tomorrow's shuttle launch.
Hashtags to Follow
We may already know which nominees are taking home the Webby award in the favorite celebrity (Team Coco), weird (Awkward Family Photos), and humor (Funny or Die) categories, among others, but wouldn't you like to see the five-word acceptance speeches live?
Hosted by Lisa Kudrow, the 15th Annual Webby Awards ceremony takes place in NYC tonight with stars like Zach Galifianakis, Dan Savage, LCD Soundsystem, Daniel Radcliffe, The Gregory Brothers, and more expected to make appearances, but you don't have to have a ticket to the gala to see it all go down. In fact, there are a few ways you can watch the big show live starting at 8:30 p.m. EDT without even a TV set. Find out how below!
- Facebook — Facebook is hosting a live stream of the event starting at 8 p.m. EDT, which includes the celeb-studded red carpet arrivals.
- Mobile — You can download the free official Webby app for your iPhone and iPad, and watch the events live on the go!
- YouTube — In case you miss the aforementioned live streams, YouTube will be providing plenty of clips for you to see at your leisure after the show.
You could be trekking all the way across the globe (and dropping some serious cash) to witness the spectacle that is the royal wedding, but the good news is you don't have to travel to jolly old England to get in on the action. Thanks to technology and a few livestream options, you can watch the entire thing unfold right from your couch and for a lot less money. Check out these apps, sites, and tools that will let you in on a little royal wedding fun at home.
- Tour Westminster Abbey — A new iOS and Android app ($4.50) lets you tour a virtual replica of Westminster Abbey, where William and Kate will be saying their vows. Also included in the app are points of interest, so you can stop and take a look from all angles. Who needs an invite?
- Get updates on Twitter — There may be a rule against cell phone use during the ceremony, but you'll still be able to get up to the minute updates about the royal wedding on the official Clarence House Twitter page.
- Watch it live — You have three solid options for watching the royal wedding live online, so even if you don't have cable, you'll be covered.
- See the royal procession route in 3D — No need to battle the crowds after the ceremony, just check out the sights on Google Earth instead! Taking you on a virtual 3D tour of the postwedding parade, you'll see sights like Big Ben, Parliament, and Buckingham Palace, where the reception will be taking place.
The NFL playoffs are in full swing, but if you're one of the unlucky few that won't be able to park yourself in front of the TV on Super Bowl Sunday, you're in luck — you can still catch the live action away from home. Check out a few ways you can join in the fun with these tools.