- This laser lounge is hot, but wait till you see the rest of the house — Unplggd
- Finally, Android's market site gets a little smarter — Gizmodo
- A collection of board game commercials from your youth — Urlesque
- This time-wasting site lets you guess people's ages and is totally addictive — Lemondrop
- Unshake makes blurry photos better — Lifehacker
- Robot presides over Japanese wedding — Switched
- It's a sad day in geek history: Leonard Nimoy says he's retiring for good — io9
- Transformers and superheroes sculpted with balloons — Urlesque
- The Microsoft Surface reappears in the kitchen — Unplggd
- Google wants to get into the travel business — Gizmodo
- Nissan's geeky tribute — Crave
- AT&T finally arrives to the location-based party — Switched
- World's largest yacht has lasers. Yes, lasers — Dvice
Hmm, can you spot the similarities between each of these photos? The '80s hair — check. The '80s outfits — check. The pink and blue laser beam backdrops — big check. I can't believe that I almost forgot about these lightsaber-esque backgrounds that graced hundreds of thousands of school portraits! I don't know if I was a minimalist back then or if the lasers had run their course of coolness already, but I actually skipped over the laser trend.
If you want to take a walk down memory lane, a site called We Have Lasers is dedicated to showing off the greatest school portrait backdrop that ever existed. And if you know your way around Photoshop, you could even make a laser portrait yourself . . . I know you want to! Did you get bitten with the laser bug back in elementary school?