Dream office alert! I thought I had hit workplace nirvana when I visited Google's NorCal headquarters, but it appears that I am sorely mistaken. Check out this video of their NYC office, which has a Lego wall, an old computer museum, and a live screen of current Google searches!
- Starting today, the Android 1.0 SDK software is now available to download, so developers can get busy creating applications. — Gizmodo
- You know the economy is bad when Google cuts back on its generous all you can eat, three meals a day plan. — Valleywag
- There's always a ton of email scams trying to infiltrate your inbox, but what specific kinds of emails should you be watching out for? Switched gives you the full run down! — Switched
- Is "tech in the bathroom" on the rise? With more and more humidity-proof and splash-proof electronics coming out, we may see more televisions in the loo than ever before. — Unplggd
- Wow. There are now 1GB Hello Kitty MP3 Players that only cost $40, and I have to admit, would be the perfect give for girls ages 7 to 14. — Chip Chick
Remember when I said my goal was to spot the Google Street View cars around town? Old goal! My new goal is to be spotted. My inspirations are these Google employees, who clowned around at the Googleplex (on the clock, I'd bet too) for their very own Street View cameras.
I have a small sampling of the madness in the gallery below, but visit Google Blogoscoped to see more of this goofy "photo shoot," including a YMCA and mime tribute! Of course my very favorite picture is this one, with the Street View icon himself (he's so tall!).
And I take back all my gushings about wanting to live/work/eat/sleep at the Google headquarters. It looks way too serious for me.
After attending the Doodle 4 Google awards day at the Googleplex in Mountain View, California, I was certainly enamored with all of the goodies offered to full-time staffers. But what I happened to miss, and should have sought out to see if the rumors were true, were the posh Toto toilets. According to sfist, these modern toilets - found in Google's California offices - not only offer front and rear cleansing but they'll dry you as well! And for those employees that don't feel like getting the full bidet treatment, they can rest and relax on the toilet's heated seat. This takes the saying "business as usual" to a whole new level!
Last week, one of my geeky dreams came true — I went to the Google headquarters! Not only did I get to take part in the Doodle 4 Google awards day and see sixth-grader Grace Moon take home the grand prize, but I also witnessed some of the very things that make Google so good. Click start to see what they are!