There's more than one way to find a good deal in your city (or anywhere in the nation) with a number of discount-driven sites and apps. But if you're looking for something a little more . . . meaty, then try BuzzFeed's new deals page, which brings you LOL-inducing products to cash in on.The newly launched BuzzFeed Deals features a new product every day at a deep discount. Much like Woot, you have a set amount of time to buy a product, but instead of buying directly though BuzzFeed, you're given a coupon voucher to use on the merchant's actual website. The items that will be offered are going to be a little more "out there" than other sites though — its first item up for purchase is a bacon-themed pack of salt, popcorn, and lip balm for a mere $15. How can you not get in on that!?
As much as I like to think I know what the buzz is on the net everyday, it's virtually impossible to always know what's hot and what's not. That's why I rely on BuzzFeed, a NY-based site that posts 10 "Buzz Detected" topics per day, so you don't get bombarded with content.
With a clean, fresh layout and categories ranging from science and celebrity to food and tech, you're guaranteed to find the most talked about stories on the net at any given moment. Have you read up on the Stephen Colbert Backlash, did you know James Lipton used to be a pimp and have you ever considered adding scrabble fashion to your wardrobe? Buzzfeed claims they use "technology and human editors to find the hottest buzz" on hot topics and they aren't kidding.
I recently had the pleasure of interviewing one of the site's "professional trend detectors," senior editor Peggy Wang. Peggy has been working in the tech industry for the past five years is the total tech-savvy geek chic package so I had to put her on the spot and test out her geek cred. To check out the full interview, read more
- Some people love Guinness, some people love Marmite, and then there are those that love both. Check out the limited edition Guinness Flavored Marmite - GiggleSugar
- Pancakes (and crepes) don't always have to be made with milk. In fact you could even try to make crepes with wine instead. - Becks & Posh
- Sometimes altering a recipe will end up in great results, other times, it ends up in a disaster. Too bad all disasters can't look as delicious as these Peppermint Rochers. - Candyblog
- Ever bring homemade snacks in for your office? Be sure to read this article about food at work politics. - Serious Eats
- Shhh.. don't tell but your favorite food chain might have a number of secret off-the-menu items. I mean, have you ever had a "Sourpatch Kid" at Jamba Juice? - BuzzFeed
- Is there really anything tastier than a glorious perfect cheese fondue? - Simply Recipes
- Want to know what to do with your plastic wii packaging? Why not make your own shaped chocolates? - GeekSugar