BuzzSugar and I are down in LA for the TCAs, starting with yesterday's Fox presentations! Highlights included seeing Joshua Jackson promote Fringe, even if it was only via satellite, hearing Jerry O'Connell joke about his Tom Cruise impression, Brian Austin Green all hot and tan and — get this — hearing Jon Voight talk about Angelina Jolie and the new twins while promoting 24! Check out Buzz for more in depth coverage of all the panels and details on the new and returning shows, and here are some more of my observations from Fox's presentations and party last night on Santa Monica Pier:
- Let's cut to the chase, here's what Jon Voight had to say about Angelina and those babies: "Well, the most exciting thing is to have new children -- the most beautiful thing in the world and the most exciting thing. And when they're part of your own family it's even more exciting. . . I have not heard from her directly but I've heard little messages from her. My niece has heard but that's the only thing I know about. . .but I'm so excited to have a boy and a girl. I love her." When asked if he will visit, "As soon as I'm allowed. . . When Angie says come on over, I'll do it."
- Joshua Jackson and his Fringe co-stars were off filming in New York, but the general feeling about the show seems to be super excited. JJ Abrams was on the panel with his cowriters, but Pacey still managed to bring a hilarious lighthearted feeling to the day even just on the big screen. When one reporter said that the cow in the pilot stole the show a few times, Josh was quick to come back by reminding her that even though he wasn't in the room...he could still hear her.
- When asked whether he's heard from Tom Cruise since his parody video, Jerry O'Connell said thankfully not.
- Party highlight: playing carnival games with (and beating) Kal Penn. Also, Amanda Bynes showing up with Seth McFarlane causing more than a few whispers.
- Things got a little, uh, interesting with Karl Rove in particular at the Fox News panel — more about that over on Citizen.
To hear more from the panels including SYTYCD news and how Kiefer and Brian Austin Green looked just read more