No tricks here. These limited-edition Halloween CandyShell iPhone Cases ($35) by Speck are sweet as can be. Speck's line of CandyShell iPhone protection has hard plastic on the outside and sticky silicone on the inside for maximum shock absorbency. And now the cases for iPhone 4, 4S, and 5 are available in seasonal, spooky designs for our favorite haunted holiday, Halloween.
Speck released its new line of FitFolio Covers for iPad in deliciously bright Spring hues. The durable snap-on shell contains an adjustable flap to create multiple stand angles (depending on if you are typing on your lap or watching a movie). A smart magnetic cover turns the iPad on and off when you open or close the case. We're loving the punchy hues — especially the turquoise peacock color. Click through to take a look at the colors and the case at every angle.
Though we're excited for Winter to finally be here, Speck is dreaming of an endless Summer of sand, surf, and old-fashioned wood-paneled cars. How do I know? Well, just take a gander at its new Woody Fitted Case for the iPhone 4/4S. This throwback case is perfect for nature lovers and is only being sold on Speck's site for $50. I can hear the cruel Summer calling already.
The snow is falling, the air is crisp, and it's finally time to break out your Winter wardrobe. But don't forget to dress your favorite accessory — your iPhone! Speck is offering up three seasonal cases ($35 each) just in time for the seasonal change.
Coming in Winter Wonderland Blue, Fresh Mesh, and SweaterBest Gray, these cases are perfect for accessorizing your iPhone 4/4S during your Winter ski trips, or as you play snow bunny and sip hot cocoa by the fireplace. Get a better look at each case in the gallery!
I know we've got some readers in the house, so I'm sure you'll love this new lineup from Speck. It's partnered up with NYC-based clothing and accessories company Out of Print to release a new lineup of canvas-wrapped cases based on famous classic novels. Priced at $35 each, titles like Moby-Dick translate into some very smart and eye-catching cases. But taking home one is good for more than a few compliments: for every case purchased, Speck and Out of Print will donate a book to a community in need. Outfit your iPhone and promote reading — how can you go wrong? Check out the complete lineup of cases in the gallery!
In addition to the TimeToRock Wrist Strap and CandyShell iPad Wrap, I spotted one more awesome new Speck product at CES this year. The CandyShell Card Case for iPhone 4 combines Speck's classic CandyShell with a convenient credit card holder that keeps up to three cards and IDs secure, even if you use it to hold only one. We tried it!
The case comes in four different color combinations, and the card holder doesn't add much bulk to the case itself. It retails for $40 — look for it soon on Speck's website.
Amid the thousands of accessories we took in at this year's CES, there were a couple of standouts, this iPad case included (and I'm not just saying that because Speck lured us in with a bar at their booth). The CandyShell Wrap ($60) is a smartly-designed case and stand for your iPad. It's made from the same hard on the outside/soft on the inside construction that the rest of Speck's CandyShell products are made from, but features a flip design constructed to both hug your iPad and prop it for typing or viewing.
A hard plastic frame keeps the sides of your iPad safe and protects it from falls while keeping all buttons and ports accessible. And although the hardshell cover looks potentially clunky, it actually flips around with ease and stays put on any hard surface.
After two full days of scouring the floor for the coolest, most exciting, and most original new gadgets, here is a list of my five favorite gadgets from this year's CES.
- House of Marley iPhone and iPod Dock — Take a look at this gorgeous dock, called the One Foundation. It was one of the first products I had a chance to look at during CES and remained one of my favorites throughout. The entire House of Marley collection is made from eco-friendly materials, and the sound quality is excellent. This $500 beauty is high on my wish list.
- Samsung 7 Series Slider PC — After initially knocking the device for its slide-out keyboard, I got a firsthand look at the tablet/PC hybrid and am impressed with both its form and function. While it would take some serious power to convert this Apple girl into a Windows fan, Samsung's answer to the tablet craze hits closer to awesome than I expected.
- Speck TimeToRock iPod Nano Strap — I love my perfect-for-exercising iPod Nano, and this wrist strap takes it to the next level. It's lightweight, but keeps your Nano accessible. And an included arm strap keeps a long cord from getting in the way during your workout.
- Kodak's 3D printing software — Kodak All-in-One Printer owners can now print photos in 3D with new software. The technology is so cool, I even waited in line myself to check it out. To print a 3D photo, take two photos of the subject, shifting the camera about three inches to the right for the second picture. It's very important your subject stands perfectly still as you snap the photos, but combining them using the Kodak's new software yields a great 3D image that can be printed on most recent Kodak printers and viewed with traditional red and blue 3D glasses. A little bit kitschy, a little bit geeky, all awesome.
- Laptop bags and sleeves from PKG — PKG is a Canadian company who I saw for the first time at CES. After nearly two days of looking at hundreds of bags and accessories, their excellently designed bags and sleeves stood out from the rest. They aren't in US stores just yet, but you can check out some of their offerings on their website. I'm especially in love with an orange version of the Quilted Laptop Sleeve that also has an outer pouch to accommodate the iPad.
iPod Nano wrist straps aren't anything new, but Speck is getting in the game with their own version that can also double as a handy cord organizer. Called TimetoRock, this watch band allows you to jam along with your tunes, check the time, and gives you easy access to your sleep/wake, volume controls, and headphone jack, and it comes with two adjustable arm bands (small and large) that keep your earbud cords close to your arm so you don't constantly catch them on obstacles. Door handles would be a big offender.
Speck's TimetoRock is available now in a variety of colors for $25.
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas . . . so dress your phone, accordingly! The holiday collection of Speck's popular CandyShell cases features three different designs to fit your iPhone 3, 3GS, or iPhone 4. The green Santa and red and blue snowman designs are $30 each, and are made for all recent-model iPhones.
All CandyShell cases feature a rubbery interior lining for shock resistance and a thin, hard exterior for smooth grip and easy accessibility.