While watching The Oscars last night, I saw a commercial for Spam Singles. The pre-cooked meat products from the folks at Spam are easy and convenient and come in both original Spam and 100% white, lean turkey Spam. I'll admit, I think Spam has its place, and when browned and chopped into fried rice, it can be really tasty. However I don't know if I'll end up picking up these pre-sliced singles. How about you? Would you eat Spam Slices?
Take the Quiz
A little while back, our very own canibits presented me with a loverly can of Spam. Turns out the luncheon meat that you either love or love to hate is turning 70 this year. To celebrate I thought I'd test your Spam knowledge. Think you know what this stuff is made of? Then give it your best shot!
A few months ago we read a study that said thirty-seven percent of U.S. e-mail users say they are getting more junk in their personal e-mail accounts. Now, we hear that spam is now 83 percent of all e-mail and that number is on the rise.
What's the scariest part about the survey? The number that 83 percent was derived from — 60 billion to 150 billion messages per day.
So what's an internet addicted person to do? read more
- Maybe if I had one of these hand pie crust bags I would make more pies. - Apartment Therapy: The Kitchen
- Tao Las Vegas is the highest grossing restaurant in the US. Want to know what the other 9 are? - Will Work for Food
- Have you ever wondered what self-rising flour is? - Baking Bites
- There's a lot of food in movies these days. Premiere lists the 20 most mouth-watering movie moments. - Slashfood
- Just two words: apricot dumplings. Now four more: pair with a riesling. How can you resist?- Culinate
- Do cooked vegetables have more nutrients than raw ones? - FitSugar
- Would you eat Spam for every meal? How about every meal for 30 days? - Serious Eats
- Oh when is America going to receive Fuji Apple Mentos? - Candyblog
- Here are 10 warning signs that your restaurant meal will turn out poorly. - Chow