- All you need is a working email address from a university and you can pick up Microsoft 7 for only $30 — Gizmodo
- The Motorola Cliq shows off its very first promo video — CrunchGear
- The popular ShopSavvy app which is currently available on Android devices is coming to Windows Mobile — The Silicon Alley Insider
- Those hot Pentax DSLRs I mentioned yesterday? Well they'll be coming in DYO colors, too! — Engadget
- Best Buy is advertising some $199 Nintendo Wii deals — Kotaku
- It's giveaway and game time on GeekSugar! Be sure to log in and play our Best Video Game ever bracket! — GeekSugar
It's a refreshing change to finally hear about apps that aren't Apple or iPhone related! One of the first Android apps I've read about and quite frankly - one that sounds right up my alley - is called ShopSavvy; a comparison-shopping application that was specifically built for Google's Android mobile phone platform. One of the winners in Google's Android Developer Challenge, Shop Savvy (formerly known as GoCart), will price products online and show you a rundown of prices so you can comparison shop!
ShopSavvy acts as your very own shopping assistant, giving you the ability to scan the barcode of products by taking pics with your phone's camera. With this pic, ShopSavvy will then compare prices online and the prices of local retailers with your phone's built-in GPS. Now this is one I cannot wait to try out!
To see a video walk-through of ShopSavvy, just read more