- Here are the best smartphones on the most popular carriers — Gizmodo
- Great gifts for those who aren't tech savvy — CrunchGear
- Find out what the cold weather can do to your phone — Popular Mechanics
- The ultimate DS and DSi gift guide — Kotaku
- T-Mobile offers $50 off handsets for Black Friday — The Boy Genius Report
- Submit your Cool Captures for your chance to win a CanvasPop print — GeekSugar
- Nintendo will sell two limited-edition DSi bundles for Black Friday — Kotaku
- Google will soon be getting a search sidebar to streamline its experience — Mashable
- Target has leaked some of its Black Friday deals — CrunchGear
- The BlackBerry Bold 9700 has landed in AT&T stores for $200 — Engadget
- The FunMail app transforms text into fun images related to the message — Chip Chick
- Log in and submit your Cool Captures for your chance to win a CanvasPop print — GeekSugar
As if covering your cell and iPhone with amazing handmade goods wasn't enough, I went ahead and found five adorable DSi cases on Etsy that are worthy of a look-see, and maybe even a purchase if you don't already have your console protected. That DSi was an investment, no? Might as well keep it free of scratches and dings with one of these!
That rumored new DSi, with the larger 4.2-inch screen? It's real, and it's coming to Japan on Nov. 21. Said to be priced around $220 and eventually making its way to Europe in 2010, the DSi LL will be released in dark brown, wine red and natural white and as you can see here, the screen is remarkably bigger than the previous DSi, which had a 3.25-inch screen and the DSi Lite which had a 3-inch screen (the outline shows the size difference). The DSi LL is said to also offer a better better Internet surfing experience. I love how Nintendo is always shaping its products to consumers wants and needs, and I wouldn't be surprised if we see the DSi going even bigger.
- You can now keep your phone number while using Google Voice's fantastic features — Lifehacker
- Here's how you can recycle your own gadgets — Engadget
- It's rumored that a new, bigger, Nintendo DSi with a 4-inch screen will be coming out in Japan this year — Kotaku
- Facebook now has a way to memorialize friends who have passed away — Boing Boing
- 10 ways to spot an email scam — Switched
- It's giveaway time on GeekSugar! Log in for your chances to win one of these AT&T Smartphones — GeekSugar
As you may know, not all games are created equal on all platforms. Just take Tomb Raider Underworld for example — although the game is entertaining on both the DS and Wii consoles, when push came to shove, I much preferred the DS version of the game for its controls and fun factor. So where do these two versions of the same game stand? Find out when you read more
- The second installment to Wii Fit is coming to the US on Oct. 4 and will cost $99 for the bundle and $20 for just the game — CrunchGear
- The last installment of Grand Theft Auto IV entitled the Ballad of Gay Tony will become available for download on Oct. 29 — USA Today
- Pink and white DSis will go on sale starting Sept. 13 — Kotaku
- Canon officially announces their new $1700 18-megapixel EOS 7D camera — Wired
- Here's how you can chat on the cheap using Google Voice — Lifehacker
- Sounds like Apple's partnership with AT&T may be ending within the next year with the iPhone moving to a different carrier — CNN
Japan and the UK will enjoy this feature first, but it will be a cinch to install for everyone. Just go to the DSi Ware section, download the free update and the Facebook app, and you're all set to go to upload your DSi photos to your online album.
- The reviews are pouring in, and so far so good for the Palm Pre. — Wired
- Nintendo will release a red DSi in Japan on July 11. — Kotaku
- Microsoft's new Bing Travel site offers tools like price predictors, rate indicators, travel deals, and fare alerts. — TechCrunch
- Sony Ericsson goes green with its new 901 GreenHeart cell phone. — Boing Boing Gadgets
- Palm delivers an eye-catching commercial for the Pre. — CrunchGear
- The Peek email device is down to $20 on Amazon. — Slashgear
- It's rumored that HTC will announcing the Hero phone in London later this month. — Gizmodo
This morning at Nintendo's press conference at E3, Gizmodo followed all of the announcements on their liveblog, and I couldn't help but get excited about three in particular.
The first one is the new multiplayer Super Mario Bros. for the Wii, appropriately titled New Super Mario Bros. The game sadly won't be in 3D, but it will come with fun new powerups (like a propeller suit) and an autozoom feature that will keep all four players on screen while flying. The New Super Mario Bros. for the Wii will be available right in time for Christmas this year.
To find out what other Nintendo announcements I'm excited about, just read more