We're living in a digital world, and we have a few tech CEOs to thank for the movement — Mark Zuckerberg, Steve Jobs, Steve Ballmer, and Jeff Bezos have all played a big role in our lives as they lead Facebook, Apple, Microsoft, and Amazon (respectively) into the future. We may know the products they've helped to produce inside and out, but how much do you know about the men behind the companies? Find out when you take my "Know a CEO" quiz!
- The new Palm Pre WebOS 1.1 update is said to work with iTunes — Wired
- Jeff Bezos has released a public apology for the recent removal of books from thousands of Kindles — Gizmodo
- Kenyan students have created a device that will charge cell phones while riding a bike — BBC UK
- This double-sided USB drive comes in a variety of colors and can be used for dual purposes — Engadget
- 10 tech superstars under the age of 20 — Switched
- Log in for a chance to win a new Amazon Kindle — geeksugar
The revolutionary Kindle is said to have the dimensions of a paperback book and include a 6-inch E-ink screen powered by a battery that lasts up to thirty hours on a two-hour charge. Named after the ability to evoke the ignition of knowledge, the Kindle will also boast wireless connectivity similar to EVDO, so it will connect anywhere and everywhere! Book prices are said to start at $10, with more than 88,000 titles on sale when the Kindle officially hits store shelves. Additionally, users will also be able to subscribe to newspapers and certain blogs for a monthly fee.
I don't know about you, but I still can't seem to warm up to the idea of curling up with a plastic digital book for a bedtime reading session. Although I can see where it would come in handy. . . .What do you think?