- Just as Windows 7 hits store shelves around the country, Microsoft debuts some new commercials — CrunchGear
- The Beatles: Rock Band, doesn't seem to be selling as well as analysts had expected — USA Today
- Men seem to like tweeting after sex — CNET
- Verizon will be hosting an event on Oct. 28 when they will most likely announce a new Android handset — Gizmodo
- Are you an old GameBoy addict who now loves her iPhone? Check out this spectacular phone case. — Technabob
- Here are some very well-designed USB hubs — Unplggd
- It's giveaway and game time on GeekSugar! Be sure to log in and play our Best Video Game Ever bracket! — GeekSugar
I'm always on the lookout for adorable iPhone cases — the more unique the better! I love to keep a supply on hand for some variety. I've covered my favorite handmade cases before and was bummed that the Gameboy case was sold out.
Luckily, I stumbled across this Gameboy iPhone case ($25). I'm partial to classic white, but the case comes in bright pink, blue, green, or yellow too. Cases are made from felt to prevent scratches, and I think they're an adorable throwback to a classic geeky gadget.
What do you think of these? Would you rock one?
- This beautiful Gameboy timeline shows us the history behind the popular portable gaming device. — Gizmodo
- San Francisco's mayor, Gavin Newsom, used social media sites like Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter to announce his run for Governor of California. — Mashable
- In honor of Earth Day, Switched picked ten of their favorite eco-friendly gadgets. Which ones are your faves? — Switched
- Find out where Web 2.0 stars — like Jessica Rose (LonelyGirl15) — are today. — The Silicon Alley Insider
- Find out how you can filter and hide comments on your YouTube page. — Lifehacker
I don't know why I've been on such an art and crafts binge lately, but c'mon, how can I not be when I see such adorable geek gear like the hand-painted Bluetooth earpieces and the Super Mario Galaxy keychain and bracelet! Here's another one to add to the geekilicious handmade collection list — Gameboy Plushies! Although these fuzzy creations are hand stitched with felt, I'm not really getting the $45 price tag. But they do measure just under a foot, which may make for one cozy little pillow.
Remember our Geek of the Week Ryan Johns, who managed to fit his entire iPod into a vintage Gameboy case? Well, Etsey user cavco must have been inspired, or at least running on the same frequency when he created his Vintage Gameboy iPod case, which allows you all the joy of putting your iPod in a Gameboy without it having to be there permanently.
"It controls the iPod through the buttons on the front of the Gameboy while keeping the iPod safe inside," says cavco. "The front buttons are wired into a remote control so you can change the song and the volume with the case screwed closed."
The case only costs $30, which is to par with most regular iPod cases, but far more geek chic. Would you buy it?
For additional images of the iPod Gameboy case, read more
In a possible effort to out geek iBoy, aka the boy who fit his iPod into his Gameboy, a man has managed to put a complete computer into a trusty little handheld. According to Plastic Bamboo, it's a fully functioning Windows XP PC and it can either be connected to a monitor via a normal VGA port or you can browse the Internet on its tiny screen using the built-in network connection. The maker also added two USB ports and replaced the A and B buttons with LEDs showing power and activity.
For a full gallery of the computer in a Gameboy, read more