As if that wasn't enough, Dell will also throw in a $25 gift card, essentially paying you to sign up. I know it's gonna be hard to decide between these two awesome phones, but I love the word "free," so if you are looking for a new smartphone, either of these devices would be a winner.
Tablet or laptop? That is the question. Although you can use a laptop for work and play, the draw of a tablet may just be too hard to resist. Apple's iPad is a major hit among tablet enthusiasts, and even more tablets are about to hit the scene for the upcoming holiday season. This tablet-laptop hybrid from Dell, called the Inspiron Duo, seems to be the best of both worlds. It looks like a sturdy laptop, but flip the lid, and you have yourself a sweet portable tablet. Check out the demo video and tell me — do you love it or would you rather leave it?
Whatever this new device ends up being, it could be poised to compete with Apple's rumored seven-inch iPad. Expect it to be priced similarly, too; currently the five-inch Dell Streak is priced at $300 with an AT&T contract or $550 without.
You can catch gamer girl Morgan Webb hosting G4TV's X-Play, or dishing out the gamer tips within the pages of guy-focused mag FHM every month (am I the only gal who reads this as well? It's packed with gadget goodness!). However, Cat Schwartz from Ebay's The Inside Source caught up with Morgan recently to chat about her secret love of ants, how she got her start on TV, and her top five can't-live-without gadgets. Find out what they are (and hear my take on her picks) in this slideshow!
Source: Flickr user MarmotChaser
Looks like you Apple fans aren't stressing out about waiting on hold for tech support — according to Consumer Reports, Apple is the top company for after-sales customer service. In a report that was based on phone support, online support, and general problem-solving ability, Apple beat out others including Dell, Toshiba, and Lenovo in all points.
The survey took place over a one-year period and looked at 7,000 laptop and desktop users' customer support experiences.
Lenovo and Toshiba ranked second and third in the laptop category, while Dell and HP/Compaq ranked second and third for desktops. They claim that Apple's success is partially due to its ownership of the hardware and software that comes with each Mac. So amid complaints that Apple can be limiting, the silver lining is that its tech support is often able to troubleshoot and solve problems. And between phone, online, and Genius Bar support, Apple also gets an A for accessibility.
- Dell upgrades its 580, 580s, and Studio laptops with a more colorful palette, among other things — Engadget
- Someone spent $330K of real money for a fake space station — Switched
- Do your taxes from your iPhone this year — TUAW
- Did a little help from Photoshop create the prettiest woman on the planet? — Gizmodo
- T-Mobile is following AT&T's lead to end its run offering landline service — Newsvine
- Three words: giant Lego Yoshi — Kotaku
- Submit your Cool Captures for your chance to win a CanvasPop print — GeekSugar
Spreading some holiday cheer, Dell has kicked off their eight days of deals which has already included Wiis, Inspiron laptops, a Sharp HDTV, a Xbox 360 bundle and now a Nintendo DSi for $159. Shipping on all of the sale items is free and you'll also be able to get each deal for two days after its initial posting. Definitely worth taking a peek at each day to see what the daily deal is!
Slightly bigger than a Mac Mini, the Zino starts at $230, and runs on Microsoft's Windows Vista. It's a Dell, so there are many options for customization; 10 interchangeable lids change its color and design; other options include a Blu-Ray player, up to 8GB of memory, and up to a 1TB hard drive.
Which gadgets can you not live without? Join the My Favorite Gadgets group to post a list or photos of your must haves and your list might end up on the GeekSugar homepage. Here's a detailed guide to posting posts and photos to groups if you are new to the PopSugar Community.
- Dell finally confirms the rumors that it is indeed developing an Android handset — Engadget
- Thinking of getting a netbook this holiday season? Here's the lowdown on some of the most popular models — CrunchGear
- YouTube has just increased the maximum resolution of videos to 1080p — Dvice
- New Super Mario Bros. for the Wii came out with a bang in NYC this past weekend — Kotaku
- There will soon be a Craigslist-friendly BlackBerry app — CrunchGear
- Remix like it's your birthday with 50 Cent's Sound Lab App — TechCrunch
- Labeled the "Chumby One," the second gen Chumby costs $100 and includes a 3.5-touchscreen and handy widgets — Engadget
- Some iTunes links now open to a direct website called iTunes preview, so you can check out songs without opening the app — Apple Insider
- Best Buys' juicy Black Friday deals have leaked — Gizmodo
- Take a look at some classic Mario suits, and ones that he should sport in the future — Kotaku
- Dells Black Friday ad actually includes some decent laptop sales — CrunchGear
- Check out some gadget deals of the day — Lifehacker