You may have already made your list of New Year's resolutions, but one thing we can try to work on all year long is being timely and organized. These calendar apps and notification tools will fit in nicely with your life as it is now, since they can live on the Internet or your phone. Small steps.
I'm not as obsessive about my online calendars all the time as I wish I were — I would never forget about the occasional appointment or date I made on the fly. Even though I use calendars, sometimes you just need really straightforward reminders — which is what Deadline is great for.
For instance, I have a doctor appointment on my calendar, but what I really need is an alert a half hour before I need to leave for that appointment. I just need to add a deadline from the home screen, set the time and date, and make sure I set when I want to be notified by email so that I can get to my appointment on time (I set it to go off a half hour before). No more sheepish calls about why I'm not where I was supposed to be!
- Hayden Panettiere has signed a deal with Candie's in which the fashion brand will help promote the Heroes star's first single "Wake Up Call", Billboard reports.
- According to Hollywood Reporter, Adam Sandler's production company Happy Madison will produce a thriller called Shortcut under the name Scary Madison.
- The Associated Press has a report about this weekend's academic conference studying Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- Variety has the news that Tucker Max's bestselling book I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell will be adapted for the big screen.
- Zap2it has Fox's updated Fall premiere dates, with shows now starting in September, not August.
- Brittany Murphy and Thora Birch will star in an indie psychological thriller titled Deadline, ComingSoon reports.
- Variety writes that F. Gary Gray will direct a biopic of Marvin Gaye called Marvin.
- Van Halen brought in more than $93 million touring with David Lee Roth, Reuters reports.