I had you at BlackBerry, didn't I? Although I'm addicted to my iPhone, there's a special place in my heart for my Crackberry. We've had a lot of fun times together, so I must pay homage to the newer phones that have hit the market and show you even more cool tips and tricks you may not know about. New to the BlackBerry game? Check out my first tip installment from last year, and then click on, my BlackBerry comrades.
When RIM wasn't unveiling its latest BlackBerry Bold this week, it was introducing cool new apps for the BlackBerry, unveiling a fancy new watch and sneaking new Storms into some Best Buy stores. If you want to catch up on the latest and greatest from BlackBerry this past week, here's a roundup of what you may have missed.
Now I know some people have had some issues with this phone (like calls hanging up while you're on the phone and its lack of WiFi), but for 99 bucks it's at least an option if you've either never had a BlackBerry, or a smartphone for that matter.
But then again, this enticing deal could be making way for the next BB Storm, which could top the first gen on so many levels. So you might just want to sit tight if you want the latest and greatest.
- Find out what the Engadget guys thought of the Sidekick LX 2009 when they took it for a test drive. — Engadget
- Seems like SMS spam is back with a vengeance. Thankfully there are some solutions to try and get rid of it. — Switched
- Check out 7 of the best free game sites. — Green Pixels
- Now this is a deal. Pick up a 250GB Seagate FreeAgent Go portable external hard drive for only $59.99 from Amazon. — CrunchGear
- Research in Motion's CEO has confirmed that there is another BlackBerry Storm in the works. — CNET Crave
- It's giveaway time on geeksugar! Be sure to log in for your chances to win an Xbox 360 Console and an Xbox Live Subscription. — geeksugar
Though many of us early adopters experience the pain of their new device no longer being the newest thing out there, I gotta say, as someone who watches the tech world with an eagle eye, I love to see them coming. Not only does it satisfy my need for gadget eye candy, but it's inspiring to see engineers busily trying to up the technological ante.
Although I'm still not sure if I'll be upgrading my cell phone this Summer (a new thing for me), I'm ready to see what new goodies two of the coolest new cell phones have.
What about you — do the releases for the new iPhone and BlackBerry Storm feel like it's too soon, or perfect timing?
- Chairman and CEO of Amazon, Jeff Bezos, announced the second generation Kindle in NYC this morning. It's much slimmer and features improved battery life and more storage. — CrunchGear
- Check out Gizmodo's Sizemodo to see how the Kindle 2 compares to the original version in terms of size and weight. — Gizmodo
- Here are nine affordable Valentine's Day gifts if you don't want to spend a small fortune this year. — Switched
- Thanks to a Verizon deal on Amazon, you can now pick up a BlackBerry Storm for $99.99 with a two-year contract and no other fancy paperwork required. — Engadget
- Jeopardy host Alex Trebek talks about the show's recent switch to HD. — Wired
- What do you get when you put the new Curve 8900, the Bold, and the Storm together? Three BlackBerry's that put some other smartphones to shame. But what features differentiate each phone? — Engadget
- If you've been waiting to get your hands on an Eye-Fi wireless photo uploading card, Evernote has teamed up with Eye-Fi to offer the card for only $60. — Lifehacker
- Check out some of the most creepiest ads on the Internet today. — Switched
- The T-Mobile G1 Android firmware update version 1.1 will officially roll out to customers between Feb. 5 - 15. — Gizmodo
- Google has just launched an iPhone-friendly version of Google Books, which gives iPhone users access to 1.5 million books. — Wired
Last night, we ventured out to a Verizon Wireless party here in SF, where all eyes were on the BlackBerry Storm touch phone. With a DJ mixing some stellar tunes, signature BlackBerry cocktails like the Ultimat Storm and the Ultimat BlackBerry, and Storm business and pleasure zones for testing out software and features, the party was rockin'. They also had a green screen room where you could throw on some fun props like rain jackets, or fancy fur coats to get your picture taken in a snow, desert, or rain storm — check out some of the pics in the gallery below!
We even caught up with the host of the party, actress Gabrielle Union, who calls the Storm "idiot proof" and says that she doesn't Twitter because she "talks too much crap." To see what else she had to say, check out the video below!
To see more pics from the party, just read more
- Google India has created a colorful bus that is equipped with computers and giant screens to help educate people about the benefits of the Internet. It will showcase services like search, email, social networking, and more. — Digital Inspiration
- The free Slacker personal radio mobile app is now available on the BlackBerry Storm. — Gizmodo
- Use Printable Checklist to easily create simple printer-friendly custom checklists. — Lifehacker
- This isn't a too shabby Valentine's gift idea. Peek is having a two-for-one Peek sale on Amazon for only $79.99. — CrunchGear
- Oh man — this is a first! Check out this beautifully knitted Guitar Hero scarf. Something only a true gamer would appreciate! — Gearfuse
- What are 30 iPhone Apps that every iPhone owner should have? Take a look at Gizmodo's full list to find out. — Gizmodo
- Did you know that your phone carrier is ripping you off when you send text messages? — Switched
- You can pick up an iPhone 3G for $99 these days. It'll just be refurbished and from AT&T. — Engadget
- The latest firmware download for the BlackBerry Storm has been leaked, and it actually fixes some bugs. — CrunchGear
- On Christmas day alone, Apple's App Store saw a tripling of sales, with game developers cashing in. — MacRumors