Earlier this week, we got the ball rolling on our fun best of polls when I asked you: What is your favorite social networking site of 2009? Well now I'm turning the attention to another popular topic of '09 — cell phones! Last year seemed to be all about the iPhone 3G, but this year, we not only got our hands on a new iPhone 3GS, but some pretty fancy BlackBerrys, Android handsets, and impressive smartphones from Palm. There was certainly a lot of pretty new smartphones to choose from, but which one did you like the best?
I had you at BlackBerry, didn't I? Although I'm addicted to my iPhone, there's a special place in my heart for my Crackberry. We've had a lot of fun times together, so I must pay homage to the newer phones that have hit the market and show you even more cool tips and tricks you may not know about. New to the BlackBerry game? Check out my first tip installment from last year, and then click on, my BlackBerry comrades.
- Coming this September are three new 12.1 megapixel LUMIX cameras — Engadget
- The Withing Connected Scale will send all of your weight records to your iPhone via WiFi — Chip Chick
- Why the BlackBerry Tour is both yay and nay — Switched
- The White House wants the public to know it likes Twitter very much — TechCrunch
- Apple's Final Cut Studio app update is out and it offers significant feature changes — Boing Boing
- We're still giving away Amazon Kindles! Log in for a chance to win one — geeksugar
June was a big month for new gadgets and tech toys, but don't fret, there's plenty of drool-worthy items to go around. My top picks for this month can either be given as gifts, be added to early Christmas wishlists, or make the perfect splurge purchase! And did I mention that they are all fresh for Summer? So what are you waiting for? Time to assess the gadget goods!
- Verizon will be first to get the BlackBerry Tour, which you can preorder now for $200. — Engadget
- Pay With Facebook is a new service that's going to compete with Google Checkout and PayPal. — The Silicon Alley Insider
- Many scammers are using Michael Jackson's death as a way to lure people to their malicious websites. — USA Today
- See what new Blu-ray titles are coming out this week. — Switched
- Use the Tourist Remover web app to remove other tourists from your vacation photos.— Boing Boing Gadgets
- Log in for your chance to win the hot new iPhone 3GS. — geeksugar
The BlackBerry Tour (9630) — not to be confused with the Onyx which celebs are toting around — made a very silent launch on two major US carriers today. Unlike the Pre, which is exclusive to Sprint, the BlackBerry Tour has been announced on both Verizon and Sprint networks. The Tour will be coming to Sprint by the end of the Summer and will cost $199.99 on a two-year contract (after a $50 rebate and a $100 mail-in rebate . . . what's with the rebates?!). Verizon details haven't been released just yet. Wondering what's so hot about this smartphone? Well it comes with a 3.2-megapixel camera with a flash and zoom (wish I could say the same for the iPhone), video recording, and an expandable memory slot that will support 32GB cards.