I had you at BlackBerry, didn't I? Although I'm addicted to my iPhone, there's a special place in my heart for my Crackberry. We've had a lot of fun times together, so I must pay homage to the newer phones that have hit the market and show you even more cool tips and tricks you may not know about. New to the BlackBerry game? Check out my first tip installment from last year, and then click on, my BlackBerry comrades.
- Nintendo game designer Shigeru Miyamoto was spotted at the Sony booth during E3. — Kotaku
- Google will soon add a pancake tool to Street View to make it easier to use. — TechCrunch
- Steve Jobs may be making an appearance at the WWDC next week. — Wall Street Journal
- Jimmy Fallon is a big fan of the Dave Matthews GPS navigational unit. — Switched
- Verizon announces the BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8230, coming June 19 for $130. — RIMarkable
- Direct movie and TV show downloading may be coming to the iPhone. — CNET
- The BlackBerry Tour 9630's spec list has just been leaked. — CrunchGear
- If you were patiently awaiting the release of the BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220, it is finally available from T-Mobile and will cost $149.99. — CrunchGear
- An new website called Tech For Obama features a video of various famous geeks talking about why they support Barack Obama for president. — Gizmodo
- Cell phones that support VideoEngine Mobile platform Global IP Solutions (GIPS) will give users the opportunity to use peer-to-peer video calling as well as multipoint video conferencing on their phones. — Crave
- LG has just announced the Prada II Handset, which offers a QWERTY keyboard, 5-megapixel camera, and will cost around $815. — Switched
- Rovio's $300 WiFi mobile webcam can be used to check on pets or keep an eye on your home, since you can control it from anywhere using a computer, smartphone, or a video game console. — Wired
There's not only one new handset rumored to be making its way to Best Buy on October 26, but two! The festive red BlackBerry 8200 Pearl Flip will be available to purchase on the 26, and the sold out HTC G1 will be arriving in Best Buy stores on the 26, but will make its big retail debut on November 16.
It is also rumored that you'll be able to pick up an unlocked Palm Treo Pro on October 26 as well.
If all these rumors are true, talk about a big day for Best Buy. Since Best Buy is now selling the
iPhone 3G, there really isn't a handset that would shock me if they got it in stock.