After seeing Wreck-It Ralph, we're revisiting our arcade roots but, naturally, with a 2012 twist. Take the iPad from touch-based to joystick-powered with these finds for a gaming experience that brings back the time of Pac-Man ghosts and Frogger amphibians.
Thinkgeek is the place to go when you need a little retro gaming fix. But rather than buying an old-school arcade, you can transform your modern iPhone and iPads into vintage gaming consoles you can take anywhere. Need proof? Just click through the slideshow to see more.
I know what you're thinking: I can actually buy one of these sexy retro chic arcade tables for myself? The answer? Yes, but it's going to cost you. Called the Stealth ($3,500), these tables come packed with 60 of your favorite vintage arcade games and are equipped with a sound system (so you can get the full gaming effect), LCD screen, joysticks, and buttons.
Be warned — if you do fork over the cash for this arcade system, you may find that your popularity will increase 100 percent. Just remember to feed the dog and water the plants in between championship Space Invaders rounds. Check out a few more pics of the tables in the slideshow!
I got the Arcade Aid Challenge through a friend of a friend of a friend. It's part of Tron Legacy's viral marketing campaign — needless to say, it's working! Like a photographic Name That Tune for arcade games, all you have to do is name the 56 video games hidden within the city. You can move the screen around or use the map on the top left to find your targets. Once you click on it and enter the correct answer, the red dots on the map will turn green. But, you'll also want to log in to help find Kevin Flynn, record your score, and get some juicy tidbits on the upcoming film. It's harder than you'd think to name all 56! So — what's your high score?
Do you have a cool website you want to share? Tell us about it in our Website of the Day group! Just log in with your PopSugar Network account and get to blogging. It may end up being featured on GeekSugar! Need some help getting started? Here's a detailed guide to posting questions or posts to groups if you are new to the PopSugar Community.
- Michael Jackson made sure he always had the latest and greatest gadgets and games, as you can see by checking out his full auction catalog provided by Julien's Auctions. — Kotaku
- Dell's new colorful Inspiron Mini 10 netbooks are now available for purchase, with prices starting at $399. — Engadget
- Verizon Wireless officially announced the LG Versa, which comes with a full QWERTY keyboard, an HTML web browser, and touchscreen. — Crave
- Check out 10 geeky tips and tricks to help you get out of bed in the morning. — Wired
- In President Barack Obama's Address to Congress, he talked about the importance of technology and science in restoring the economy. — Switched