So you never really got that whole Luke, Leia, and Han worship fans bought into throughout the original Star Wars saga. For those with a love of the story, but not of the Rebel Alliance, outfit your sci-fi fandom with gear resembling one of the coolest, and sometimes clumsiest, war machines — the All Terrain Armored Transport, most commonly referred to as the AT-AT. As tall as the sky, AT-ATs move slowly due to sheer size, but pack a mighty force. Check out our picks of iconic AT-AT memorabilia in the slideshow.
Although the AT-AT dog costume would be an amazing addition to your Star Wars-themed Halloween getup, let's face it — that thing looks pretty uncomfortable for Fido. If you're still craving some Walker goodness, turn your attention to your home office with the DIY Cable Management Holder ($40). Not only can you get some good crafting time in by building it yourself, this cable management system sits atop your desk and keeps your cables and cords neatly in place.
Not only that, but the joints are movable, so you can pose it any way you'd like.
Someone had the brilliant idea to reimagine an AT-AT walker as a cute housepet, instead of a war machine for the Galactic Empire's army. Yeah, I said it — cute housepet. The video captures a day in the life of a pet AT-AT, and includes all the things you'd come to expect from our domesticated pals: squirrel chasing, lounging, and lots of scratching. There's also a little something special that only a pet AT-AT can give you. Make sure to watch 'til the end to see just what that is.
- Amazing AT-AT wedding cake makes me hungry for some nuptials — BoingBoing
- Epic dancing flashmob proposal — Urlesque
- Craigslist TV showcases users and their wacky ads — Switched
- Texting with Twisted Sister, teacher style — Lemondrop
- Turn a suction cup into an iPhone stand — Lifehacker
- Classy Wang Jinsheng Studio Turntables — Unplggd
- Nintendo trademarks 3DS, 3DSPlay, and 3DSWare in Japan — Gizmodo