So naturally, as with most things, you keep saying the name and it grows on you. That's kind of how the progression of accepting the name of my new magical and evolutionary device came to be. And though once in a while I still cringe at its name, I am still quite content with my purchase of the 64GB 3G iPad.Here's the good:
- It's fast. It's faster than my existing net book at home.
- The battery life is just what I was hoping for (and expected with Steve Jobs claim of ~10 hrs of battery life.). In the full 10 days of usage (note not consistent hour by hour usage), I've had to charge the iPad twice.
- The Scrabble experience on the iPad is amazing. I've played it using iPods and between 2 iPad owners . . . I can only hope that there are many more group games following this experience. (hint, hint for Monopoly)
- Web browsing through Safari is pretty amazing . . . despite the lack of Flash support.
- Magazines look great on the iPad, well . . . at least the TIME magazine through it's app looks pretty good. I really can't wait to see more magazine pubs offer their magazines through either their own app or through the iBook store.
- One of the better experience in sharing photos from my holidays is through the Photo app on the iPad. Because it's screen is so large, you definitely won't miss a thing as you flip through your photos for all to see.
- Bluetooth pairing between my iPad and my Bluetooth headset works great.