Going to a new city, and finding Yelp and other review websites oversaturated with too many opinions? Need people who are more like you telling you what's cool to visit?
Try out the new website Where's Cool? to find options that are handpicked as hip diamonds in the rough for the budget and reputation conscious. I love its tagline: "A budget travel community your mom probably wouldn't find useful."
Think of it as the guide that your in-the-know local friend would have put together for you. Also cool? The Google Maps integration, so you can put in your hotel and see the closest hot places to eat and shop!
Found a great website you want to share with us? To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group, read more.
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and "Regular Post."
- Give your story a "Title."
- Fill in the "Body" with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click "Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to "Website of the Day" in the dropdown menu.
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to "Technology and Gadgets."
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click "I’m done" to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!