Geeks inherently love science fairs, science fiction, and computer science so I can't imagine the new Gawker site io9 will have any trouble finding interplanetary rockets full of readers. Well, that and the fact that the site has only been live a few days and it's already asking the hard-hitting (and terribly entertaining questions): Do you know what to put in your spaceship's gas tank? Have you ever wondered if the US is the least futuristic country? Or have you ever wondered what to wear for your outerspace wedding party? (Editor's note: Yes, yes, and yes!) Then you better check the site out.
What's an io9? The site's editor, shares the deets . . . and so much more.
To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group, read more
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and “Regular Post.”
- Give your story a “Title.”
- Fill in the “Body” with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click “Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to “Website of the Day” in the drop-down menu
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to “Technology and Gadgets.”
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click “I’m done” to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!