Visuals of the World is one of those websites you have to visit to fully understand and appreciate.
The creators are on a quest to make the longest visual website in the world and are asking web users to share and contribute to their strip of "seamless" images. You can upload any image, in jpeg or giff format so long as it's a maximum size of 75 K and 300 pixels in width and 700 pixels in height.
Of course, while contributing is fun, the site is all about the ocular experience. Right now, the "visual" is a ridiculous-scroll length and features vintage and contemporary images of all types. (Well, there's nothing pornographic, but it's well varied.)
Each image links back to its original source or another website, so while enjoying the aesthetics of the site you can also link to a small army of unrelated internet treats. It's a site to behold.
To learn how to post your favorite sites to the Website of the Day group, just read more
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture telling me why you love the website, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all of your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!