One of my best friends holds the title of being the ultimate post card sender — I have come to expect witty and glittery postcards from her every Hallmark holiday whether she's vising her grandmother in Greece or at home in Seattle. Sadly, most of us don't have her motivation and spend more time online than at the post office, which is the precise reason why I love Postalz. The site lets you create post cards with your Flickr photos and share them with individual recipients or the world via social networking or blogging sites like Facebook, myspace or Blogger. I love the cards because of the photo element, which makes them seem deeply personal despite being online. It's never been easier to have a "pen" pal.
To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group, read more
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and “Regular Post.”
- Give your story a “Title.”
- Fill in the “Body” with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click “Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to “Website of the Day” in the drop-down menu
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to “Technology and Gadgets.”
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click “I’m done” to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!