It's hard to make a case against the cuteness of pink, but is an all pink search engine too much to handle? When rachelface submitted Pinkle as Website of the Day she noted "I love pink, and I love Google, but is this TOO far?" I couldn't agree more.
The site reminds me of Blackle, another custom Google search that shows results in white text with a black background and claims to save energy simply "because the screen is predominantly black." Pinkle doesn't claim any eco benefits, so I suggest only using it when you really need to feel pretty in pink.
To learn how to post your favorite sites to the Website of the Day group, just read more
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture telling me why you love the website, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all of your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!