If you hail from Boston, New York City, Washington DC, Chicago or the San Francisco Bay Area and like picnics you're in luck. Just answer a series of questions from Picnic Mob and the site's supercomputer will calculate where you should be opening your picnic basket. First they quiz you on 30 funny (but insightful) questions, then they combine maps of parks near you and and the answers locals gave and put them in a computer program that calculates where you should go hang out to meet like minded souls.
Questions include: If you had a machine that could peer into the past, what would you look for first? The choices being "Tyrannasaurus Rex," "Jesus," "Socrates," "Pizarro conquering the Inca Empire," or "Jimi Hendrix." Once you finish your questions you give them your e-mail and they send you the results of parks where "people like you" might hang. You then plan a picnic to that place on Sunday at noon and join the picnic mob. Follow YumSugar's picnic tips and you'll be everyone's favorite parkgoer.
To learn how to post your favorite sites to the Website of the Day group, read more
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture telling me why you love the website, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!