I've been in a funk lately because NBC has been airing reruns of The Office and I haven't been able to get my geeky, office fix. In the mean time I'm getting my fix from Overheard in the Office: The Voice of the Cubicle, a sister site to ever popular Overhead in New York. Whether you work in a real cubicle, classroom, lab, or even a spacious office with a view co-workers are always blabbing about something off the wall and then trailing off without finishing their stories. Being the sap I am, my favorite moments, like this one always seem to center around something funny a kid said:
Five-year-old boy: I have a tooth that's loose! It's gonna come out, and then I'm gonna put it under a pillow, and then I'm gonna get money and buy a tooth, and then I'm gonna put it under my pillow and get money and buy a toy, and then an adult tooth will grow in.
Librarian: Wow! You learn something new every day!
Five-year-old boy: It's the basic law of science.
He sounds like a regular Napoleon Dynamite, doesn't he? To learn how to post your favorite sites to the Website of the Day group, read more
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture telling me why you love the website, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the Website of the Day group and start information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!