Sometimes there's nothing like seeing something in 3D, and as cool as Google Street View is, it still doesn't show me the goods from a zoomed out perspective on a map. Incoming! The Onion Map! Your one-stop destination on the web that provides a 3D interactive map of all the major cities across the world. You can zoom in and out; check out restaurant, shops, and hotel locations; plus find out random facts about a city, such as population, the phone code, the currency, and how much a Big Mac will set you back — it's crucial info, folks! It's definitely a great way to get your bearings on a new city before you arrive!
Do you have a favorite website you want to share with us? Submit your faves to our Website of the Day group! To learn how, just read more.
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and “Regular Post.”
- Give your story a “Title.”
- Fill in the “Body” with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click “Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to “Website of the Day” in the drop-down menu
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to “Technology and Gadgets.”
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click “I’m done” to submit content.