The Onion is one of the few sites on the internet that consistently delivers laughs, witty stories and relevant political assertions hidden in dorky and outrageous videos (aside from gigglesugar of course). In case you haven't run across it before, the site uses the tagline "America's Finest Newsource" and has done for newspapers and online magazines what the "Daily Show with John Stewart" and "The Colbert Report" do for television news.
The site features faux news from all genres including politics, science, entertainment and of course, my favorite, technology news like the hilarious fake iPhone ad. It also keeps us up to date with items like the the parody news video about a global internet crash and a whole barrel of laughs on gigglesugar. My most recent laugh fest came from the site's fake story about Google launching 'The Google' for older adults." How does google for adults work? "All you have to do to turn the website on is put the little blinking line thing in the cyberspace window at the top of the screen, type 'thegoogle.com,' and press 'return'—although it will also recognize http.wwwthegoogle.com, google.aol, and 'THEGOOGLE' typed into a Word document." Har. Har.
To learn how to post your favorite sites to the Website of the Day group, read more
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture telling me why you love the website, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!