If you're in the market for a site that combines personalized avatars, fashion, decor and a geek-chic take on shopping, check out My Virtual Model.
The site offers virtual changing rooms and simulators for home decorating — its dressing-room and My Fit features enable consumers to "try on" clothes from stores like H&M on the Internet. The concept is the perfect addition to H&M's high-tech service that allows consumers to make purchases with their cell phones. While I wouldn't trust it to find clothes that suit my body type, I'm intrigued by the idea of a more personal, online shopping experience.
All you have to do is pick an avatar that looks like you — or even upload your own headshot to an avatar's body for extreme personalization — and select certain fashions for the virtual dressing room feature.
To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group, read more
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and “Regular Post.”
- Give your story a “Title.”
- Fill in the “Body” with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click “Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to “Website of the Day” in the drop-down menu
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to “Technology and Gadgets.”
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click “I’m done” to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!