Over the years coders have gotten a bad reputation for being socially awkward, shy people who pick time in front of a computer screen over socializing and healthy relationships. While we've heard over and over that dating geeks and nerds pay off movies and TV shows still depict coders as creepy could-be killers.
The Killer Quiz pits photos of coders and serial killers against one another and asks you to guess, based on appearance, if the person in the photo is a programming language creator or serial killer. It's a tad creepy, but a fun way to test just how pervasive our geek stereotypes are.
To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group, read more
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page
- Choose "Blog" and “Regular Post”
- Give your story a “Title”
- Fill in the “Body” with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it
- Click “Next"
- Choose the audience for your story to “Website of the Day” in the drop down menu
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day")
- Change channel to “Technology and Gadgets”
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags
- Click “I’m done” to submit content
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!