Feeling lost and like the Internet is your only connection to a home you left behind? The website Just Left Home was set up to be a resource for people who'd recently left whatever cushy nest they were used to and needed a resource for, well, everything in their life.
As they say, it's intended to be a "homepage-away-from-home cure-all miracle pill."
When you go to Just Left Home, you're greeted with big buttons to the places you probably visit most online: Facebook, Twitter, Amazon; on the right side of the page, or "Outside World," you get links to the JLH forums, also a helpful resource.
Even though this site was created for people feeling lost in their world, it's totally helpful to me, who's pretty secure. I guess we can all use a little help.
To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group, read more.
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and "Regular Post."
- Give your story a "Title."
- Fill in the "Body" with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click "Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to "Website of the Day" in the dropdown menu.
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to "Technology and Gadgets."
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click "I’m done" to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!