Personality tests, particularly all those novelty tests you take online, need to be taken with a grain of salt, but that doesn't mean they aren't fun. Our Website of the Day Imagini combines the entertainment factor of personality tests with social networking.
The site uses visual data to test your personality. You read phrases such as "art is...." "My kind of treat..." and "that's gross..." and are offered a grid of images. You click on the image that best answers the question (for example you see a hairy man, a cigarette, a body builder, Botox, cellulite, toes and nose picking for the "that's gross" category and have to decide what's "gross" to you.)
Once you finish the test you get a screen with all your "VisualDNA" and a little write up about your personality, including some lighthearted insight into your mood, habits and love life. Your results are paired up with other Imagini users, who have created profiles about their VisualDNA. It's not quite as uplifting as Dear's horoscopes, but it's still a laugh.
To learn how to post your favorite sites to the Website of the Day group, read more
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture telling me why you love the website, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!