Skip the line at busy restaurants by ordering ahead and paying for meals via SMS with GoMobo.com— a site which recently launched in New York City. Now spanning most of the nation, GoMobo is an easy to use service where you create a free online account and then send a GoCode to 466626 (GOMOBO) on your phone keypad to order by text. You'll then get a confirmation message letting you know when your order will be ready. Once you get to the restaurant just go to the GoMobo Express sign and tell the cashier the last 4 digits of your mobile phone number to pick up your order. There are no hidden service fees for using the GoMobo service, you just pay your normal text messaging rate from your network provider. Something I still need to try out, but sounds like a great new service nonetheless!
To learn how to post your favorite sites to the Website of the Day group, just read more
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture telling me why you love the website, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all of your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!