When I was a teenager I got a job working at a cute boutique to make extra play money. While I was tempted by all the pretty dresses in the store, I became obsessed with weighing whether or not I wanted to purchase something against how long it would take me to earn that amount working. I may be all grown up and get paid a salary, but that doesn't mean I don't still wonder how much I make hourly or whether or not a new pair of shoes is worth it.
If you want to see how much you make while you are on the clock, check out Cashto, a site that calculates how much you make hourly, weekly, monthly and annually based on your salary. All you have to do is enter your payment amount, choose the time frame and the program calculates the money you make per day, per hour, per minute and per second. It's rewarding, depressing and interesting all rolled into one.
To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group, read more
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page
- Choose "Blog" and “Regular Post”
- Give your story a “Title”
- Fill in the “Body” with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it
- Click “Next"
- Choose the audience for your story to “Website of the Day” in the drop down menu
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day")
- Change channel to “Technology and Gadgets”
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags
- Click “I’m done” to submit content
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!