Tis the season of giving and giving back, so I was pleased to find omilawd's website-of-the-day nomination: Aidgle. The site is a custom version of the Google search engine, but when you use Aidgle the creators donate one cent to non-profit organizations doing relief work in current disaster locations for every visit they receive.
The search results that you get when using Aidgle are the same results that you get with the usual Google search. This and next month Aidgle's donation will go towards rebuilding the thousands of collapsed homes in the cities of Pisco, Ica and Chincha. You can keep updated on where the money generated from search is going from the website.
To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group, read more
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and “Regular Post.”
- Give your story a “Title.”
- Fill in the “Body” with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click “Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to “Website of the Day” in the drop-down menu
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to “Technology and Gadgets.”
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click “I’m done” to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!