The creators of DailyLit sound frighteningly familiar — they say that they saw the need for their website, which delivers "installments" of books to your RSS Reader or email so you can take in equal parts Anna Karenina and Engadget. Why? Because they said they were spending all their time catching up on their Reader and emails, but had no time for books. Um, were you guys reading my diary?!
Some books are free, and some books cost around $4, $7, $10, which is fine with me because the free books will keep me busy long enough! Getting my daily dose of gadget, fashion, and news blogs and a couple chapters of Notes From the Underground? I feel like a Renaissance geek already.
To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group, read more.
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and “Regular Post.”
- Give your story a “Title.”
- Fill in the “Body” with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click “Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to “Website of the Day” in the drop-down menu
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to “Technology and Gadgets.”
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click “I’m done” to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!