For a whole new search experience, you must check out Viewzi, a visual search engine that presents info in a variety of interesting formats. When I typed in "laptop" for my search, unlike a regular list of results like typical search engines, I can choose from all sorts of fun view displays such as web screenshot view, simple text view, basic photo view, video X3 view, and 3D photo cloud view.
With the 4 sources view (in this pic), I was able to view search results from sites like Yahoo, Google, Ask, and MSN in visual form. There are so many ways to explore content that it's really one of those sites that you have to explore to understand its potential and effectiveness! See more screen caps below to get an idea about the variety of searches available.
To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group, read more.
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and “Regular Post.”
- Give your story a “Title.”
- Fill in the “Body” with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click “Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to “Website of the Day” in the drop-down menu
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to “Technology and Gadgets.”
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click “I’m done” to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!