When planning a Summer vacation, downloading a worthy travel app is a lifesaver for fitting in the sights. Free iOS app Tripomatic helps draft an itinerary in one of hundreds of cities for stress-free travels. We spent some time with the app and discovered what makes Tripomatic stand out in the crowded world of travel apps; check out the pros and cons below.
- It's easy to log in using a Facebook or Google account.
- Graphics and helpful notes make navigating the app for the first time an effortless experience.
- Planning an itinerary based on the city, number of days staying, and nearby attractions is quick and fun using the map's photo icons.
- Each attraction has its own page, with a larger photo, attraction info, and, in many cases, the hours of operation.
- When you star attraction items on the day you would like to see them, they instantly appear on the itinerary page.
Take a look at the Tripomatic features we weren't crazy about.
- Since it's a location- and map-based app, you must be connected to the Internet, which could mean problems when you're overseas or without a reliable WiFi connection.
- Some of the locations don't list hours of operation, and none of the attractions have basic contact information like a phone number.
- A few random attractions like movie theaters appear that deter from the true tourist attractions.
- There are no ratings, so it's hard to gauge if the nearby attractions are worthy of your visit.
- You cannot search and add specific attractions to the Tripomatic database. The closest thing you can do is suggest and submit a new attraction to the Tripomatic team.
Overall, Tripomatic is a fun and simple app to use. It's a worthy supplement to travel plans, especially if you find yourself with a few hours to kill in an unfamiliar city and want to check out nearby attractions.