It takes a lot to pull off a great gift that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. But lucky for you, we've done all the work. Ahead, check out tech gifts that your friends and family will love, all under $30. At that price, you can stuff their stockings with more than one!
Is there anything better than giving someone a present they truly love? Why yes! Gifting something they love that also contributes to a worthy cause. Ahead, check out six gifts that are practical, stylish, and best of all, charitable.
Double points for LSTN Headphones. Not only are the music accessories made from reclaimed wood, but the company partners with the Starkey Hearing Foundation to donate a portion of proceeds to helping people hear music for the first time. We especially like the Troubadour collection ($150 each) for their unique shapes.
(PRODUCT)RED by Apple
Buy the PRODUCT(RED) edition of the iPod Shuffle ($49), iPod Nano ($149), iPod Touch ($299), iPad Smart Cover ($39), iPad Smart Case ($79), iPhone 5S Case ($39), or iPhone 4S bumper ($29) and Apple will donate a portion of of the proceeds to the Global Fund, which fights AIDS in Africa. The scarlet-hued PRODUCT(RED) versions do not cost more than the other color options.
Mophie RED iPhone Case
There are so many reasons to love this RED iPhone 5 case ($120) — the ruby color, the fact that it comes with a juice pack air case for when your battery runs low, and most especially, the fact that five percent of the proceeds go to the Global Fund to help fight AIDS.
Mend 13-inch Laptop Sleeve
Handmade in Uganda, this laptop sleeve ($59) isn't just gift-worthy for its sleek look. The case was created by the organization Invisible Children to help empower women affected by the Lord's Resistance Movement conflict.
Anyone with a sister knows she's the hardest person to shop for. You know her so well that you have to pick something she'll love — and if she doesn't, she has no problem telling you to return it. To take the hard work out of the equation, we've handpicked six of the best finds for any tech-loving sis. These picks are pretty darn special, so there's no way she'll want to do anything but keep 'em.
- You have different personalities, and you always tease her for it. That's why this Kate Spade Type A iPhone 5 case ($35) is the perfect gift.
- Have you ever seen a prettier camera bag? Your shutterbug sister is guaranteed to swoon over this Rebecca Minkoff stunner ($128, originally $195).
- A great sisterly gift has a hint of nostalgia. That's just what she'll get with this C Wonder crayon stylus ($18) that'll remind her of your coloring days together.
- You have your own songs for one another, so give her a reason to blast them aloud with this cute Yuento music balloon speaker ($20).
- If she lives far away and you catch up via daily phone chats, gift her this Native Union retro-style handset ($22) for all your convos.
- Get this chic Clare Vivier iPad sleeve ($148) monogrammed with her initials for an extra fee — she'll love the personalized touch.
The season of gifting is upon us, geeks! We've got 300-plus goodies for techie sisters, Star Wars-crazed brothers, Doctor Who sweeties, the resident gamer in your life, Lego lovers, and much more. Take a look our ultimate guide for geeky gifts — you're sure to find something they'll love.
You know this frantic feeling all too well: your phone's about to die, and you'd give anything for a spare charger. Thanks to a special holiday creation, that problem can fly straight out the window. We introduce designer USB bracelets you can just slip off your wrist and use to sync your phone to your laptop to give your cell some juice. Made for all iPhone 4 and 5 models and Android phones, the bracelets — designed by names like Mara Hoffman, Milly, and Rachel Zoe — are downright stylish and worthy of arm party status.
Buy them now on eBay for $25 — we say get one for yourself and one (or two) to gift for the holidays.
With Thanksgiving past, it's officially time to bring out the tree. No Christmas tree would be complete without a Star Wars, Pac-Man, or Doctor Who ornament. Ahead, we've rounded up the best tree decor you can order now to make the season complete. Go forth and geek out!
Work off that scrumptious Thanksgiving meal and get in on the best gadget deals of the year, all in one fell swoop! What better way to kill two birds with one stone than with a Black Friday tech sale extravaganza. Kick off your holiday shopping season with the most discounted Black Friday gadgets — including the iPad Air, Samsung Galaxy S4, Xbox 360, and more — below.
- Element 50-inch 1080p LED HDTV ($229, originally $600, limit one per guest)
- Vizio 47-inch 1080p LED HDTV ($380, originally $580)
- Westinghouse 40-inch 120Hz 1080p LED HDTV ($200, originally $430)
- Samsung Galaxy S4 ($40 with two-year contract, originally $200)
- Samsung Galaxy S3 ($0.01 with two-year contract, originally $100)
- iPad Air 16GB WiFi only Tablet ($479 and receive a free $100 Target gift card)
- Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones ($119, originally $180, only in light blue, dark blue, purple, and green)
- Xbox 360 Kinect Bundle ($190, originally $300)
- Nikon D3200 with two lens bundle (55-200mm zoom lens, 18-55mm lens, and DSLR camera) ($500, a $800 total value)
- Vizio 55-Inch 1080p 120Hz Smart HDTV ($480, originally $800)
- Samsung 65-Inch 1080p 120Hz LED HDTV ($999, originally $2,650)
- Sony Blu-Ray Disc Player With Wi-Fi ($55, originally $120)
- Jawbone Jambox Bluetooth Speaker ($100, originally $150)
- HTC One with a new two-year contract with Sprint, Verizon, or AT&T ($0.01, originally $50)
- Vizio 60-inch 1080p LED Smart TV ($688, originally $998, Nov. 28 at 6 p.m. only)
- Samsung 46-inch 1080p LED HDTV ($497, originally $648, Nov. 28 at 8 p.m. only)
- iPad Mini 16GB WiFi only ($299, originally $329 and receive $100 Walmart gift card, Nov. 28 at 6 p.m. only)
- iPhone 5C ($45 with two-year contract, originally $99, plus receive a free $75 Walmart gift card)
- Samsung Galaxy S4 ($99, originally $189)
- Samsung Galaxy S3 ($0.47, originally $29)
- Beats by Dre Solo Headphones ($115, originally $200, Nov. 28 at 8 p.m. only)
- Xbox 360 4GB Console ($99, originally $179, Nov. 28 at 6 p.m. only)
- Nikon D5100 Bundle with 18-55mm and 55-200mm lenses ($500, Black Friday only)
- Canon Rebel EOS Rebel T3 bundle with two lenses, SD card, bag, and two faux canvas prints ($449, Black Friday only)
She was one of the first to snatch up the new iPad Mini, and it's about that time when she'll want to switch up the case. This holiday season, help protect her tech toy in covers as elegant as the paperback-size tablet. From handcrafted sleeves to multitasking hard-shell cases, here are some über sophisticated accessories to gift.
We dare you to find someone who doesn't like GIFs. What if you could take a GIF from the web and turn it into a tangible gift? Thanks to a new analog GIF player called the Giphoscope, that scenario is totally possible. With the Giphoscope, one animated GIF becomes a real, moving piece of art at the turn of the crank.
It's entirely handmade in Italy with careful consideration to things like type of aluminum and wood color. How much does it cost, you ask? Around $403. Sure, it's on the expensive side, but it's just so cool.
If it's totally out of your price range, though, don't despair! We found a similar, way more affordable version.
The difference between a stellar and mediocre listening experience depends on one thing, and one thing only: headphones. The just-released headphones by Frends designed by Rebecca Minkoff are the perfect example (seriously, could they be any prettier?). So if you've got anywhere from $200 to $2,600 to spend on a pair, you've come to the right place, because we've searched the web for ones whose quality matches the price. Give 'em as a present to your significant other or buy them for yourself — either way, it's the holidays, so a little splurge never hurt anybody.