It was Microsoft's week as the company's new operating system, Windows 8.1, launched. Of course, Apple did make its own headlines as well. Catch up on the news you missed and see how the tech mammoths fared below.
- Windows 8.1 has arrived — Windows 8.1 officially launched this week, and the latest update sees the return of the beloved Start button, after much grumbling from users around the world.
- Apple's new iPad cometh — Save the date. Next week, Apple will host one more event for the year. Expect iPad news.
- A supersized HTC One — Phablets will rule the world. The HTC One Max was revealed this week with a fingerprint sensor. Can it rival the iPhone 5S?
- The Twitter DM gates open — It used to be a Twitter user had to follow you for direct message privileges. Now that that's gone, will spam take over DM?
- From Burberry to Apple — Meet Apple's new female executive, Angela Ahrendts, who will be overseeing the company's retail division. Not familiar with her? As CEO of Burberry, she made the fashion house a social media powerhouse.