This week, there was a lot happening across the Atlantic: Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, lived the Whovian dream, and the Tour de France got well underway. Stateside, Pebbles hit the big (box) time at Best Buy, Southwest put an end to staring contests with other passengers, and superheroes and heroines started gearing up for San Diego Comic-Con.
In case you were frozen and banished to the Phantom Zone this week, catch up on all the latest highlights from the world of geeks and gadgetry!
- Pebble smartwatch now sold at Best Buy — To meet high demand, Pebble will be sold in Jet Black at Best Buy online and retail for $150. Cherry-red versions will be available in August.
- A royal-Whovian visit — Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, toured the Doctor Who studios with show stars Jenna-Louise Coleman and Matt Smith. The royals played with Daleks, the TARDIS, and sonic screwdrivers during their visit.
- Watch the Tour de France on mobile and the web — Cycling's most prestigious race, the Tour de France, kicked off on June 29. US subscribers can watch all stages of the race online with NBC's Live Access web and mobile app passes.
- Free in-flight TV for Southwest — No more staring contests with other passengers! Southwest is now providing free live and on-demand TV through a partnership with Dish Network.
- Superheroes and heroines in the spotlight — In the geek world, July can only mean one thing: Comic-Con! See all the superhero-themed stuff our editors are coveting during this month's masked mayhem. And don't forget to vote for your favorite characters from the Marvel and DC worlds in our superhero bracket.