We live on Facebook, but would you live at Facebook too? The social media site had some interesting real estate news to reveal this week. Catch up on that, plus the demise of a black market online trading post in the week's biggest tech news.
- The end of an online empire — A techie living in San Francisco was arrested this week for running the black market trading emporium Silk Road. Before being found by the FBI, the "Dread Pirate Roberts" told the media he was "proud of what I do."
- Living where you work . . . is it crazy? — Tech companies provide some fantastic perks to employees to help them stay productive at work. But with Facebook's announcement of a housing complex to be built on campus soon, is this a perk that tips work-life balance too far to the work side?
- A Fall photography session is in order — The seasonal change has us staying outdoors ready for more photography adventures before Winter arrives. Find out which gadgets and gizmos we're hoping to add to our photography bag this month.
- iPhone 5Cs for all! — For those on the fence about purchasing Apple's new colorful line of phones, this weekend may be the time to jump on it. The phone on a two-year contract is $50 for a limited time.
- Paid music streaming? How about FREE music streaming — Rdio is getting serious about attracting users away from Spotify with the news that the company will now have free and unlimited radio, without ads. There goes your data plan.