Hitting AT&T exclusively on Aug. 12, the BlackBerry Torch comes with a ton of social networking features (which will take up even more of your time during the day) and some nice specs under the hood.
Check out all the specs on the Torch, along with pricing plans, and additional OS 6 details after the break.
Additional features coming packed in the Torch include:
- Full HTML web browser for a "PC-like" experience.
- 5MP camera with flash, autofocus, and video.
- BlackBerry OS 6.0.
- Group messaging for up to 10 people.
- Social networking feed called Social Feeds that updates your Facebook, Twitter, and more automatically, with one-click viewing.
- Lots of new music and photo features.
- Handy search tools on the home screen of OS 6.0.
- Battery life: up to six hours of talk time, 17 days standby.
- Wireless-N support for super fast web browsing.
The Torch will be available exclusively on AT&T's network on Aug. 12 and will be priced at $200 with a new two-year agreement. You can pick one up through AT&T, online, Walmart, Best Buy, and RadioShack.
As far as the new BlackBerry OS 6.0 goes, BlackBerry Bold 9700 and 9650 and BlackBerry Pearl 3G owners can look forward to the new operating system update coming to their handsets over the next few months. Unfortunately, the BlackBerry Storm and Storm 2 models weren't mentioned in the OS 6.0 press release, which could mean that the update won't be headed to those models any time soon.