Whenever I want to print something from a website, say an article, travel information, or email, I usually opt for the simplified "print version." But if the website doesn't have this option, I try to shrink the font or delete unnecessary pages to save printer ink.
Well, there's a new site called PrintFriendly that can make any website clean, easy to read, and definitely "print friendly." Just copy the URL of the webpage you want to print, paste it in PrintFriendly, and all of the ads and junk you don't want to print should be removed.
For anything else you want to get rid of, just scroll over the image or text and click to delete. PrintFriendly also makes it easy to undo your selections, print your file, or whip it up into a PDF doc. You may have issues with websites that have in-text widgets, but overall, it's an intuitive site that not only makes my life easier, but is great for Mother Earth, too!
Got a cool website you want people to know about? To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group, read more.
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and "Regular Post."
- Give your story a "Title."
- Fill in the "Body" with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click "Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to "Website of the Day" in the dropdown menu.
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to "Technology and Gadgets."
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click "I’m done" to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!