Browsing through photos and videos online just got a heck of a lot prettier with Piclens! This sweet download — that's been brought to us by another fave download of mine, Cooliris — allows you to gloss over thousands of photos from sites like Flickr, Photobucket, and Google Images, in a classy and sleek 3D slideshow. And what's better, the load times are nearly diminished since your slideshow is a virtual wall of thumbnails . . . allowing you to see more per square inch of your screen.
Piclens is friendly with your Safari, Firefox, IE, and Flock browsers, so all you have to do is select your browser of choice, and hit "download." Once you're all set up, hitting the little blue "play" button on a photo will launch Piclens and you'll be browsing more efficiently in no time.
Have a download that you'd like to share with us? Find out how to post to the Download of the Day group when you read more.
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Download of the Day group
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Download of the Day")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture telling me why you love the download, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit