I think everyone wants to recycle their gadgets, sometimes they just can't figure out the hows. That's why the website My Boneyard makes it painfully easy to do it online. Not only do they provide you with a prepaid envelope you print yourself to send in with your old or dead gadget, but in many cases, they send you a cash reward in exchange for it. You can even assign your reward to go to the charity of your choice!Just register the gadget you want to send in with its specs and condition, and you'll get an estimated reward, which will be assessed when My Boneyard receives your old goods. And they attest that your old info will be erased, so security isn't an issue.
At this time, My Boneyard only accepts MP3 players, cell phones, computer monitors, and CPUs, but they plan on accepting cameras, GPS units, and more soon (if your gadget isn't accepted at My Boneyard, check my guide for where to recycle other gadgets).
Got a useful website you want people to know about? To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group, read more.
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and "Regular Post."
- Give your story a "Title."
- Fill in the "Body" with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click "Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to "Website of the Day" in the dropdown menu.
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to "Technology and Gadgets."
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click "I’m done" to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!