Getting bored of a smartphone that looks just like everyone else's? This is your week, geek! In part of the biggest tech news for the last five days, Motorola announced a customizable phone for consumers that want a bit more pizzazz in their gadgets.
Also, the Mars Curiosity team started celebrating a one year land-iversary on the surface of the Red Planet with an AMA Reddit session. Catch up with this and the rest of the tech news of the week below.
- The Fully Customizable Moto X — AT&T users of the Moto X can choose the front, back, accents, wallpapers, and back engraving of their new smartphone, and it can even be returned if not happy with the results.
- The Curiosity Team Takes Reddit's Questions — Celebrating one year on Mars, part of the team behind the Curiosity rover answered Reddit's biggest questions on the little rover that could's last 12 months on the Red Planet. And by the way, Curiosity is most definitely a she.
- Kanye West goes on a Kanye Quest — Need a new video game to while away the day? Get in on Kanye Quest 3030, a new — and free! — RPG game that takes the rapper through a dystopian parallel universe where hip-hop clones are running amok. Quick, get 'em with a croissant!
- The best superhero is . . . — As voted by you, we have a winner of the superhero bracket. A favorite from the X-Men elite, it's Rogue!
- Waterproof Summer speakers — The season can't end without a few more pool parties. Keep the tunes blasting amid the splishing and splashing with our picks for the best waterproof audio equipment.