Not that it should be thought of as a trend, but it's clear that this is the year that people are finally paying attention to how they can green their weddings and cut down on the event's impact on the environment. And if it is a trend, let's hope that it stays "in" forever!
So today's wedding geek tip succeeds in being green, geeky, and creative: seed packets with you and your fiancé's face on them! With my DIY skills below, adapted from Kodak's website, you'll be able to make seed packets for other stuff too — invitations, announcements, greeting cards . . . there's no end to creativity when you have an inkjet printer and a little brainpower.
To see how to make the packets, just read more.
- Download the Kodak-provided PDF for the seed packet template. I find that the one they provide is a little too chintzy, so you could use the dimensions from their template and design a packet that's more you.
- If you have Photoshop, add your picture, names, and date to the design. Otherwise, you can glue the picture of the two of you to the template after you print it out.
- Print out the paper with the template on and cut it out. If you didn't Photoshop your face on the packet, glue it on now and write or stamp in your names.
- Fold the seed packet and glue the side flaps down.
- Add the seed of your choosing to the packets (about a handful) and glue it shut.
- Your seed packets are now ready for wedding favoring!
To see more of our wedding coverage, be sure to check out IDoSugar!